Sat, Jul 22|
FREE After School for Parents and Professionals - Small Group Sessions or Consultations
Time & Location
Jul 22, 9:00 AM – Sep 30, 5:00 PM
Gainesville, 305 NE 1st Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601, USA
About the event
Circle of Security interventions are trauma-sensitive and can play an integral part in helping your Head Start and Early Head Start center create trauma-informed care for young children, families, and Head Start workforce.
Head Start and Early Head Start programs may be interested in using Circle of Security approaches to promote resiliency for children, families, and staff within a trauma-informed care model in some of the following ways:
- To support children and families experiencing trauma by strengthening parent-child relationships as a parenting curriculum, and building resilience for young children as a mental health intervention
- To strengthen student-teacher relationships as a professional development model
- As a practice-based coaching model to increase safe, nurturing, and committed relationships in learning environments
- With reflective consultation to staff to reduce secondary traumatic stress
- To foster collegial support among teachers, staff, and administration to reduce burnout and turnover.
- To strengthen collaboration between families and teachers with a shared understanding of young children's relational needs.
Please note that these sessions are opened to parents and professionals in Alachua County only. Our practitioners will contact you to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Have participated in the 5-Week Summer School Initiative for Parents and Professionals
- You are a childcare center serving children ages (0 - 5) years old
- You are a parent, caregiver of a child (ren) ages (0-5) years old
This program is sponsored by the Children's Trust of Alachua County